When I was little I used to think snail tracks were exciting, I don't even mind that they eat bits from our mail. But today I have joined the hard arse gardeners and am waging war on all snails and slugs that slither and eat green leaves.
last night we lost a whole zucchini plant. It's lucky my neice Lena is too little to remember choosing it for me, so a difficult conversation about mortality has been avoided. It's also lucky that the snails took the weakest of the two plants.
See our poor wee bugger, I now have an opening in a full sun area however, I'll probably get another zucchini and call him zucchini 2 like a childhood goldfish.
All of my research reading will now be on organic snail and slug control. I'm not going completely organic but don't want poisoned bugs being sniffed out by Bonnie and I do want to try reduce the chemicals that go on our food.
If you have snail eradication tips please let me know!

Beer trap, and it might not be dead. Look out for little leaves there might still be life there.
ReplyDeleteDisa