Hello

Living in Auckland, New Zealand, I am a working mother who has reclaimed a corner of our backyard for my vege garden.

I want to develop a new hobby, teach my daughter about growing veges and hopefully feed my family!

Who knows how it will go, I'll be honest so we can celebrate my wins, laugh at failures and Learn a bit in the process.

I hope its a fruitful experiment.

Xx vegegardennovice

Did I mention this is my first ever blog....

Monday, 30 September 2013

First planting

My shoulder is at the point that I can wind up and unwind the hose on my own and that was my green light for planting. I know that I can tend to my plant babies without needing help from Andrew.

I have been reading a beginners guide to vege gardens from The Southland Times a few years ago.

Even though I'm in Auckland and the advice is for cold old southland (I'm a Dunedin girl, so I say that with experience) I'm going to take it all on board and because I'm not much of a reader/researcher I'm going to take it as gospel and have a crack.

So today I planted seeds straight into the ground.
Carrots, beetroot and spring onion seedlings I have been trying to grow since Mother's Day.
Red line - beetroot
Green line - spring onions
Orange line -  carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment