Hello

Living in Auckland, New Zealand, I am a working mother who has reclaimed a corner of our backyard for my vege garden.

I want to develop a new hobby, teach my daughter about growing veges and hopefully feed my family!

Who knows how it will go, I'll be honest so we can celebrate my wins, laugh at failures and Learn a bit in the process.

I hope its a fruitful experiment.

Xx vegegardennovice

Did I mention this is my first ever blog....

Monday, 16 September 2013

Making the beds

The corner I have taken over already had a small rock garden and concrete trough that I planned to add to. We (husband Andrew is pulled in for any heavy jobs) built two frames out of treated pine, because it was treated I covered the internal sides with black plastic to avoid potential leeching.

The frames are ready to be filled.... On this blog it looks like we did this in a day or weekend - enter the full time job and 17 month old daughter, this has taken us a good few months!! Two two hour naps each weekend has been our window and more than often, depending on broken nights that week we choose sleep over everything else.



The beds are made!



Pavers laid by myself, not at all level but I figure that will right itself over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment